Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 3: Listening – Language Focus
sẽ giúp học sinh chuẩn bị bài ở nhà để vào lớp tiếp thu bài tốt hơn để chuẩn bị cho các kỳ thi – kiểm tra Tiếng Anh lớp 12, và là tài liệu để giáo viên và phụ huynh tham khảo trong quá trình hướng dẫn và giảng dạy tiếng Anh lớp 12.
Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 3: Ways of SocialisingGiáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 3 Way of SocialisingGiải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 3: Reading – Speaking
XEM THÊM: Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 4: Reading – Speaking
Before You Listen Work with a partner. Study the pictures and answer the questions. (Làm việc với một bạn cùng học. Khảo sát các hình và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
1. They’re talking on the phone.
2. They would say “Hello” to greet each other.
3. I think they would talk aboul their usual jobs and things happening to them.
4. It would take them about five minutes to finish their calls because they are on the move in the street.While You Listen
2. A reasonable length of time for a call is the main problem. T
3. Ten minutes is a reasonable length of time for a call.T
4. Young people should not receive a call at dinner time T
5. Young people often call their friends at night. T
6. You can’t call your friends at any time even when you have a separate telephone T
The telephone, as you know, is a marvelous instrument, but it may cause arguments between you and your parenls-arguments that could be easily avoided if you would sit down, talk it over and agree to a few simple regulations.
The most obvious problem, of course, is what everyone considers a reasonable length of time for a call. The exact duration must be worked out with your parents, but ten minutes should be an absolute maximum. That’s certainly long enough to say almost anything in five different ways, and yet it isn’t so long that other members of the family will become apoplectic. Even when your parents are out, the length of your call should be limited, because they, or someone else, may he trying to reach your home for a very important reason.
Calling hours should be agreed upon. If your parents object to your leaving the dinner table to take calls, tell your friends to avoid calling at that hour, if someone does phone, ask him to call back, or offer to call him when dinner’s over.
A serious calling problem is calling very late at night, or very early on weekend mornings. This particular mistake is made mostly by young people who consider 10 or 11 pm. when a lot of tired adults are happily sleeping, the shank of the evening.
So please tell your friends not lo call after ten o’clock. The shock of waking out of a sound sleep and the fright of that instant thought – “There’s an accident” – are enough to give your parents a heart attack. Weekend morning calls aren’t so startling but it’s the one time your parents can sleep late.
If your mother and father, out of kindness, have installed a separate phone for you, remember that you’re still a member of a family. So try to stick to your family’s regulations. That’s all for my talk today. Thank you lor listening.
Task 2: Listen to part of Ms Linda Cupple’s talk again and write the missing words. (Nghe lại một phần của cuộc nói chuyện của bà Linda Cupple và viết những từ thiếu.)
Calling hours should be (1) ………upon. If your parents object to your leaving the dinner table to take calls, tell your friends (2)………….calling at that hour; if someone does phone, ask him to call back, or offer to call him when dinner’s over.
A serious calling problem is calling very late at night, or very early in the morning. This (3)……………….. mistake is made mostly by young people who consider 10 or 11 p.m, when a lot of tired(4)………..are happily sleeping, the shank of the evening. So please tell your friends not to call after ten o’clock. The shock of(5)…………..out of a sound sleep and the fright of that instant thought – “There’s an accident” – are enough to give your parents a(6)……… attack. Weekend morning calls aren’t so startling, but it’s the one time your parents can sleep late
If your mother and father, out of (7) …………, have installed a separate phone for you. remember that you’re still a member of a family. So try (8)………to vour family’s regulations.
1. aereed 2. to avoid 3. particular 4. adults
2. waking 6. heart 7. kindness 8. to stick
The first is to work out a reasonable length of time for a call after a discussion with our parents, usually ten minuies at most. And it’s the duration of time for receiving or making a call at the usual time. Next, it’s a great problem to make a call very late at night or early in the morning, particularly on weekends, because it’s the time your parents can sleep late. So even you have a separate phone, try to stick to the family’s regulations
Task 1: Use the words to make sentences. Change the form of the werb. (No addition or omission is required) (Dùng từ để làm câu. Đổi dạng của động từ.(Không cần thêm hoặc bỏ,))
1. There are many ways to say someone goodbye, and most of the depend on the situation at hand.
2. However, there is one rule that all situations observe. We seldom say goodbye abruptly.
3.In English it is necessary to prepare a person for our depature.
4. We lead into the farewell by saying something pleasant and thoughtful like “I’ve really enjoyed to you”
5. We might also say something relating to the time like “Gosh! I can’t believe how late it is! I really must be going!”
– Pronunciation : Stress in two-syllable words. – Grammar: Reported Speech Grammar Exercise 1 : Last week you met Thuan, a friend you hadn’t seen for a long time. Look at the list of things he said to you, then tell another friend what he said. Use reported speech. (Tuần rồi em gặp Thuan, một người bạn từ lâu em không gặp. Nhìn vào danh sách những việc anh ấy nói với em, sau đó kể cho một người hạn khác những gì anh ấy nói. Dùng lời tường thuật.)
1. I’m going to work in Ho Chi Minh City next July.
2. I work for a big company.
3. I’m their marketing manager.
4. The company has opened an office in Ho Chi Minh City.
5. It has been very successful.
6. I have been chosen to run an office in District 5.
7. How long have you been learning English?
8 . I don’t have much time to enjoy myself.
9. I hope you will come and visit me in Ho Chi Minh City.
10. I hope I will be successful in Ho Chi Minh City.
Tell your friend what Thuan said:
1. Thuan said he worked for a big company.
2. Thuan said he was their marketing manager.
3. Thuan said the company had opened an office in Ho Chi Minh City.
4. Thuan said it had been very successful.